Sir Bruce Forsyth’s wife has thanked the public for the support the couple have received during the entertainer’s recuperation from surgery.
“We’ve had so many wonderful letters and phone calls and good wishes for him,” said Lady Wilnelia Forsyth.
Lady Forsyth told ITV’s This Morning her husband had been doing “really good” and that he hoped to return to public life.
“With a little bit of luck he should be back,” said the 1975 Miss World winner.
“I don’t expect him to go tap dancing, he’s not doing that at home, but he loves show business.”
Sir Bruce underwent keyhole surgery last year after doctors discovered he had two aneurysms following a fall at his Surrey home.
In an interview earlier this month, Lady Forsyth said the 88-year-old was still having “a bit of a problem moving”.
“He’s in incredible shape mentally but he gets very tired,” she told the Daily Mail’s You magazine.
Speaking on ITV on Thursday, Lady Forsyth said it had been “very hard” for her husband to be convalescing, having been “active until just recently”.
Sir Bruce has not been seen in public of late, having been too frail to attend the funerals of close friends Ronnie Corbett and Sir Terry Wogan.
The veteran broadcaster remains a hugely popular figure thanks to such shows as Bruce Forsyth’s Generation Game and Strictly Come Dancing.